1 small bulb fennel or small aubergine
2 medium sized Courgettes
1 small butternut squash or large Sweet Potato
2 peppers of any colour
2 medium onions any colour
4 cloves Garlic, crushed
Good grinding of Sea Salt & Black Pepper
100ml EV Olive Oil
750ml Vegan Stock made with boiling water
Salad leaves/Rocket/Black Onion Seeds/Olives to garnish
Dressing – combine these ingredients in a small bowl.
100g Super Red Pesto 2 Tbsp. EV Olive Oil
1 Tsp Chilli Powder Some fresh lime juice to taste
Preheat oven to 240*
1. Chop all veg into big chunks and add to a large bowl.
2. Combine oil, garlic, pepper & salt and pour over veg, tossing until everything is well coated.
3. Cover a baking sheet with parchment. Spread veg evenly across the sheet and bake on high until edges are toasted brown which will take approx. 20 mins +
4. Put couscous in large shallow dish that salad will be served from. Add hot stock plus pepper & salt and mix well. Cover with cling film and steam contents for 15 mins. Remove film and fluff with fork.
5. Pour some of the dressing over the couscous now before placing the roasted veg on top.
6. Garnish with salad leaves of choice and spoon remaining dressing in blobs over the leaves and veg. Sprinkle with black onion seeds. Add some black olives now if you wish….enjoy!
SERVES 8 + depending if it’s a main or a side dish.