10 cloves Garlic, unpeeled
1 tsp EV Olive Oil
6 medium sized Rooster Potatoes, peeled and cut into evenly sized chunks
4 tbs Pesto Verde
Sea Salt & freshly milled Black Pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 180*. Place the garlic cloves in a small metal roasting tin and drizzle with oil. Cover with tin foil and roast for 25 minutes.
2. Put the potatoes in pot with cold salted water to cover. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer until tender. Drain and dry as normal and then mash.
3. When cool enough to handle, squeeze the soft sweet cooked garlic centre into a small bowl and mash with a fork.
4. Put butter and garlic in a small saucepan and only heat until butter is melted.
5. Add to mashed potatoes. Check and adjust seasoning.
6. Place potatoes in a serving bowl and partially fold in the Pesto Verde to create a swirl like effect.