400g Tortellini filled with ricotta and spinach
125g Asparagus Tips, chopped into short lengths
80g Walnuts, lightly toasted
2 tbs EV Olive Oil
2 tbs Pesto Verde
1 Handful of Flat Leafed Parsley, finely chopped
Freshly milled Sea Salt and Black Pepper
1. Bring large pot of salted water to the boil and cook tortellini as per packet instructions.
2. In a wide sauté pan heat oil and add the asparagus tips with the salt & pepper and cook gently until al dente.
3. Add pesto to pan and heat for 3 minutes before tossing tortellini into pan too. Coat well adding more pesto if you prefer.
4. Add toasted walnuts to pan and stir gently to combine.
5. Spoon into wide shallow serving dishes and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
You can play around with lots of different additions. Try cooking some chopped pancetta with the asparagus or even some prawns.
Replace tortellini pasta with gluten-free alternative.