400g Linguine, cooked al dente
250g finely diced Carrot
250g finely diced Red Onion
200g finely diced Mushrooms
6 cloves Garlic, crushed
Good grinding of Sea Salt & Black Pepper
500ml Vegan Stock (Bouillon powder + water)
200g Red Lentils, rinsed in cold water & drained
120g Super Red Pesto
1. Bring a wide shallow frying pan up to medium heat. Add the carrot & onion and sweat, with the lid on, for 15 mins.
2. Add the mushroom & garlic with a good grinding of salt & pepper and sweat, with the lid on, for a further 5 mins.
3. Mix the passata with the stock and add to pan.
4. Add the lentils and stir well to combine. Simmer for 20 mins or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the lentils are tender. Add pesto & stir well.
5. Toss with pasta and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy………
Add chilli flakes with the lentils for a spicy addition.